Sunday, August 23, 2009

Something Different from Africa






I have just returned from a wonderful few days in a remote corner of South Africa’s Limpopo Province.
This rugged patch of Africa is remarkable or its rock formations
deep gorges and hundreds of rock art sites featuring the painting of early San (bushman) and Khoe Khoe settlers as well as later Northern Sotho protest art. Almost as remarkable as the landscape and concentration of important rock art, is the astounding variety of native plant life. Featured here are a few aloe species I photographed on the trip. Soon I will post full profile of each of these aloes on my website http://gardeningisezee.com/
Come back to this blog over the next few days as I post pictures of Giant Candelabra trees, an indigenous Gardenia, the little known Elephant’s Foot and more!

0 comments: